just for laughs

I thought you would get a kick out of this.

I was decluttering the other day and stumbled upon this instruction sheet.

I almost threw it away without reading it; but then the “Safeguard” caught my eye.

Did you read it?

What the what?!

I mean, I feel bad for those pet birds for sure. But what about humans? Wouldn’t the fumes cause harm to us?

And what if you didn’t have a pet bird, but you had a pet fish, or dog or cat or ferret, snake, turtle, mouse, hamster, gerbil, horse, rabbit…

…the list could really go on and on.

What about things that could hurt those animals? Does no one care about them?

Maybe all manuals and instruction sheets should say “Hazardous to children and pets.” Then they’d have their bases covered.

But what do I know?

Advertisements

About organizedbyjenn

Busy wife and mother of 7 children; grew up in Oregon, currently lives in Utah. Loves the outdoors, organizing, crafting, running, and eating chocolate
This entry was posted in Just for Fun. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to just for laughs

  1. Heidi J says:

    That seriously is the funniest thing I have read!!

  2. Becky says:

    Overheated teflon creates fumes that do kill birds. For some reason, birds are more sensitive to these fumes than other creatures that may be in our homes. Some people are concerned about the effect on humans and believe it can cause flu-like symptoms, but as far as I know, there is no conclusive data on whether or not it is a risk. Personally, I choose not to use teflon coated pans. I figure if the fumes kill birds, I’d rather not have my family exposed to them.

    So….sounds funny but, amazingly, it’s true!

    • Jennifer Weber says:

      Well, there you have it! Thanks for that info. I just thought that maybe someone sued someone else because their bird died & they wanted to blame it on something. So that’s why I thought it was funny. Plus, I’d never seen any kind of warning like that before. But I agree with you, if it hurts birds, why would I want my family exposed to that?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s