I had a problem. A big problem. My countertops were always covered with papers of all types. It was annoying, frustrating and just plain messy. It stressed me out; I wanted a solution.
So I searched in stores and online for something that would solve my problems. I didn’t want something that sat on my countertops, because I was trying to clear them off, but rather something that hung on my wall. After hours of searching here’s what I discovered:
- Most paper storage is either cheap plastic or heavy-duty cardboard. Translation: not sturdy enough.
- While this one is kind of cute, I don’t want anything see-through or with slits or holes where paper could get caught or fall out.
- Ugly; not something I want hanging on my wall. If you like it — I’m so sorry.
- No way to label it.
- If it does have labels, the design is poor and papers cover up the label holders. In the above example, the top pocket’s label is covered up by the bottom magazines (sorry the picture is so small).
- The pockets are too narrow to hold school folders or most papers (unless you fold them).
- While this system looks impressive overall, please notice the angled out pockets holding the newspapers and magazines (far right). If you put regular paper in this type of holder, it will just flop over the edge because of the angle. I know. I’ve tried it.
I was a little discouraged. Then I thought “Why don’t I design something myself?” And my Wall Files were born.
What are Wall Files?
Wall Files are the perfect solution for your paper problems. They keep school papers, magazines, mail, newspapers, schedules, etc., off of your counter or kitchen table and display them attractively on your wall. Each labeled pocket is wide enough to accommodate manila folders and tall enough that anything you put in them won’t sag over the top.
Each Wall File is handcrafted by me. I put in many hours of work to achieve a high quality piece of furniture that will last a lifetime.
I go through a detailed process of cutting, hand sanding, assembling, gluing, nailing, painting, sanding again, painting again, distressing, sealing and finishing. Because I do this by hand, each one is slightly different, which adds to the charm of these pieces.
I guarantee my Wall Files are extremely sturdy, well-built and beautiful pieces that will compliment any decor.
Click HERE to get the measurements.
Click HERE for pricing and ordering information.